PDST has reached capacity for school support for the current school year. Schools will be notified in due course, when support re-opens for the upcoming school year.
All face-to-face CPD events scheduled between now and April 19th are postponed.
We will continue to post updates as events evolve. Please check the Department Website regularly for updates. If at all concerned about your health, contact with your GP or the HSE helpline on 1850 24 1850.
Primary Language Curriculum/Curaclam Teanga na Bunscoile (PLC/CTB)
We have reached full capacity for sustained support for PLC/CTB for Phase 1 applications. Phase 2 of sustained support for the PLC/CTB will open in June 2020 and schools will be notified closer to the time with details of how to apply.
For schools who are not in receipt of Sustained Support during Phase 1, the following supports are available to assist with continued implementation of the curriculum:
- A series of PLC/CTB webinars produced by PDST are available on a termly basis. Webinar 1 is currently available HERE on the PDST website. Schools are encouraged to discuss/explore/reflect on the ideas being presented in the webinars, in the context of their own school.
- A range of support material and examples of children’s language learning are also available at www.curriculumonline.ie. Schools are encouraged to become familiar with this material and to begin using it to inform their teaching of English and Gaeilge. (Circular 45/2019, p.5&6)
- School Support: For all queries relating to School Support, please email email@example.com to ensure a quick resolution to your query.
- Broadband Queries: Please note that the Broadband Service Desk must be contacted at 1800-334466. The offices of PDST Technology in Education can be contacted at: 01-7008200 and firstname.lastname@example.org. Support requests around technical aspects of ICT should be made here.
- Section 24: A teacher, Principal or Board Chairperson requiring support from PDST in relation to Section 24 (3) should email email@example.com.
- All other Queries: PDST can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org for any other query
- Special Schools may apply to NCSE at www.ncse.ie for support also.
The PDST looks forward to working with you this year.